Dr. Syed Noman Ul Haq
Area of Specialization: (History of Philosophy and Science, Religion and Literature in Classical Islamic Culture)
- PhD (History of Philosophy and Science, Religion and Literature in Classical Islamic Culture), University College,University of London - 1990
- MA (History and Philosophy of Science and Greco-Arabic Philosophy in Cultural Context), University, College, University of London - 1979
- BA (Applied Physics and Electronics), University of Hull, England - 1971
Professional Activities: Chairman, Library Committee
On-board Status: Available
Membership & Affiliations:
- - Professor & Chairman Library Committee at IBA, Karachi. (May-2014 to PRESENT)
- - Professor at IBA, Karachi. (Jan-2013 to Apr-2014)
- - Visiting Professor at University of Malaya (Jan-2011 to Dec-2012)
- - Senior Faculty Member Department of Humaities and Socail Sciences at LUMS (Jan-2006 to Dec-2012)
- - Professor of Islamic Culture & Civilization at Reconstructions Rabbinical College, Wyncote (Jan-2003 to Dec-2004)
- - Visiting Faculty at University of Pennysylvania (Jan-2002 to Dec-2006)
- - Assistant Professor at University of Pennysylvania (Jan-2001 to Dec-2002)
- - Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) at Faculty of Arts and Sciences Rutgers University (Jan-1996 to Dec-2001)
- - Assistant Professor at Faculty of Arts and Sciences Brown University (Jan-1993 to Dec-1996)
- - Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at College of the Holy Cross (Jan-1993 to Dec-1994)
- - Lecturer on Islamic Civilization at Tufts University (Jan-1990 to Dec-1992)
- - Instructor in the English Language at Northeastern University (Jan-1989 to Dec-1990)
Honors & Awards:
- - CHAIR OF MASTER, Committee Residential Colleges
- - MEMBER, Editorial Advisory Board PSSR
- - MEMBER, Int`l Advisory Board GIKI
- - MEMBER, Int`l Board Periodica Islamica
- - MEMBER, Advisory Board, Islam&Science
- - MEMBER, Chief Editor, Bunyad LUMS
- - American Science Affiliation, Templeton Foundation American Science Affiliation. Benefactors: The Templeton Foundation. 2002.
- - Waldo G. Leland Prize-American Historical Associat, American. H.A Waldo G. Leland Prize of the American Historical Association (shared), 2011. Awarded to The New Cambridge History of Islam (Chief Ed., M. Cook of Princeton University) cited as “the most outstanding reference tool in the field of history published between 2006-2011.” I wrote two extensive chapters in this work.
- - Annual Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Pakistan League USA Pakistan League of America, Annual Award for Outstanding Scholarship, 2004.
- - Science and Religion Development Grant-CTNS, The Templeton Founda Science and Religion Development Grant, Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences(CTNS), Berkeley. Benefactors: The Templeton Foundation. 2002.
- - Science, Religion, and Art Prize, Templeton Foundation Science, Religion, and Art Prize for the year 2000. Benefactors: The TempletonFoundation
- - National Endowment-Comparitive Religiousideas Proj, Cross-Cultural Comparative Religious Ideas Collaborative Project. National Endowment for the Humanities and Henry Luce Foundation. 1995-9.
- - H.U Center for Middle Eastern Studies Grant, Harvard University Harvard University Center for Middle Eastern Studies Grant. 1992
- - American Philosophy of Science Association Grant., APSA American Philosophy of Science Association Grant. 1992.
- - Teaching fellowship-Harvard biologist E. O. Wilson, Harvard biologist Between 1984-89, recipient of several teaching fellowships, including one with the Nobel Laureate Sheldon Glashow, and another with the Harvard biologist E. O. Wilson.
- - Teaching fellowship-Nobel Laureate Sheldon Glashow, Nobel Laureate S.G Between 1984-89, recipient of several teaching fellowships, including one with the Nobel Laureate Sheldon Glashow, and another with the Harvard biologist E. O. Wilson.
- - Merit Scholarship for Harvard,$80,000, Bank of Credit&Comme Bank of Credit & Commerce Merit Scholarship for Harvard,$80,000. 1983-6.
- - British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Grant., BBC British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Grant. 1979-80
- - British Council Merit Award, British Council British Council Merit Award. 1978-79